I love the phrase "may the eyes of your heart be enlightened."  We WANT to "see" with our hearts - indeed, that is where God dwells and that is where we experience the presence of Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Our hearts are where we have the most intimate, fullest encounters with our Lord.

When I receive the Precious Blood of the Lord, I always pray that Jesus will go down into the deepest crevices of my heart to my "hidden" self and bring his love there.  Maybe that is a place of woundedness, of pain, of anger or of sin that he really needs to reach into.  But I always want him to bring light to the darkness so that I may be heal and be fruitful.

Loving Jesus is about opening our hearts up to him and letting his light in.  May we all have our hearts enlightened today and everyday by the light of our Savior.

Comments

  1. I love your image of the Precious Blood going into the deepest crevices of our heart to heal our wounds. I may borrow that image for Corpus Christi if it's okay with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Our Pentecost Fire - Assignment 2 Barbara Billey